Zardari Govt making Pak look like an ‘international beggar’: PML-N
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- One dead in Odisha post-poll violence
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: KKR lose Pandey after steady stand against DD
The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz has blamed the Zardari Government for failing to achieve any concrete results from the 'Friends of Democratic Pakistan' moot.
"Parking of funds for Pakistan with the World Bank is a clear sign that no country in the world is willing to trust this regime," The Dawn quoted PML-N Central Spokesman Ahsan Iqbal, as saying.
Iqbal added that channelling funds through the World Bank would put added burden on Pakistan since it will have to pay for additional costs in the shape of expensive World Bank bureaucracy overheads.
He also said that the government was facing a ''trust mega deficit'' both at home and abroad due to its lack of transparency, poor governance, and cronyism.
"Inside the country, people, opposition, and investors are increasingly getting skeptical about the government''s will and competence to deal with the challenges the country faces," he said.
"The nation wants to know where are the 100 billion dollars which Zardari promised to bring in the country. It is a shame that the government is making Pakistan look like an international beggar," he added.