Zardari Govt making Pak look like an ‘international beggar’: PML-N
- Indrani told ex-husband if Sheena dies, we share Peter’s fortune, says Police
- Patidar Protests: Gujarat braces for a funeral as Hardik Patel heads to Delhi today
- Govt plans to set up teams of experts to quickly react to ‘negative news’
- Uttarakhand, 2 years later: A reason to smile
- Inform me of your meetings with minister Prakash Javadekar: MoeF Secretary to team
The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz has blamed the Zardari Government for failing to achieve any concrete results from the 'Friends of Democratic Pakistan' moot.
"Parking of funds for Pakistan with the World Bank is a clear sign that no country in the world is willing to trust this regime," The Dawn quoted PML-N Central Spokesman Ahsan Iqbal, as saying.
Iqbal added that channelling funds through the World Bank would put added burden on Pakistan since it will have to pay for additional costs in the shape of expensive World Bank bureaucracy overheads.
He also said that the government was facing a ''trust mega deficit'' both at home and abroad due to its lack of transparency, poor governance, and cronyism.
"Inside the country, people, opposition, and investors are increasingly getting skeptical about the government''s will and competence to deal with the challenges the country faces," he said.