Zardariís sister does shopping for over Rs 3 lakh
- EC takes note of Arvind Kejriwal's complaint, seeks details from government on proposed gas price hike
- Shakti Mills gangrape: Court accepts plea for additional charge against convicts
- Maharashtra poll authorities seek detail on Sharad Pawar's vote-twice remark
- Watch video: BJP's Rajkot candidate Mohan Kundariya walks over school children
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP betrayed me, says Jaswant; SC allows defence personnel to cast votes
Faryal Talpur, sister of Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari, is learnt to have done the shopping worth over Rs 3 lakh at a local store.
Soon after landing in the city on Wednesday evening, Faryal and her team headed for local store Nilibar. Amidst tight security, she reportedly purchased around 40 items like chikankari suits, banarasi suits, saris, heavy dupattas and embroidered pashmina shawls ó one item from almost all the things that the store had to offer.
While the store owners were not ready to divulge details of the amount she paid, sources said that the bill ran into more than Rs 3 lakh.
"Faryal had heard about our store from Ramesh Lal, a member of the Pakistani Legislative Assembly, who had purchased a huge amount of clothes from us last year for his daughter's wedding. He had recommended us to her. She complimented us on our great collection and promised to send more people from her country to shop with us," said Sonu Nilibar of the store.
On Thursday, however, Faryal stayed back in the hotel while senior members of the Pakistani Legislative Assembly like Ramesh Lal, Sheikh Waqas Akram, Sayeed Gilani and Sayeed Ghulam Mustafa Shah visited the famous Layalpur Book Depot and the local Khadi Bhandaar where they reportedly purchased a book on Mahatma Gandhi and many Khadi items.