Zardariís sister does shopping for over Rs 3 lakh
- What signal is Obama administration sending by selling more F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan?
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurates 'Make in India Week' in Mumbai
- JNU student leader held on ‘sedition’ charges over Afzal Guru event
- JNU arrests over Afzal Guru event are ill-judged, threatens basic rights
- Live updates from the David Headley deposition before Mumbai court
Faryal Talpur, sister of Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari, is learnt to have done the shopping worth over Rs 3 lakh at a local store.
Soon after landing in the city on Wednesday evening, Faryal and her team headed for local store Nilibar. Amidst tight security, she reportedly purchased around 40 items like chikankari suits, banarasi suits, saris, heavy dupattas and embroidered pashmina shawls ó one item from almost all the things that the store had to offer.
While the store owners were not ready to divulge details of the amount she paid, sources said that the bill ran into more than Rs 3 lakh.
"Faryal had heard about our store from Ramesh Lal, a member of the Pakistani Legislative Assembly, who had purchased a huge amount of clothes from us last year for his daughter's wedding. He had recommended us to her. She complimented us on our great collection and promised to send more people from her country to shop with us," said Sonu Nilibar of the store.