Zardariís sister does shopping for over Rs 3 lakh
- CBI arrests Peter Mukerjea, says he was aware of Sheena Bora murder
- Pay panel suggests 23.55% hike, minimum pay of Rs 18,000 per month
- Paris attacks 'mastermind' Abdelhamid Abaaoud died in Saint-Denis raid
- HS Phoolka releases video of Rajiv Gandhi's speech justifying 1984 riots
- Rahul accuses PM, dares govt to take action on citizenship row
Faryal Talpur, sister of Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari, is learnt to have done the shopping worth over Rs 3 lakh at a local store.
Soon after landing in the city on Wednesday evening, Faryal and her team headed for local store Nilibar. Amidst tight security, she reportedly purchased around 40 items like chikankari suits, banarasi suits, saris, heavy dupattas and embroidered pashmina shawls ó one item from almost all the things that the store had to offer.
While the store owners were not ready to divulge details of the amount she paid, sources said that the bill ran into more than Rs 3 lakh.
"Faryal had heard about our store from Ramesh Lal, a member of the Pakistani Legislative Assembly, who had purchased a huge amount of clothes from us last year for his daughter's wedding. He had recommended us to her. She complimented us on our great collection and promised to send more people from her country to shop with us," said Sonu Nilibar of the store.
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say
- Results of local elections indicate that the BSP is regaining ground in UP
- The idea of Bihar: Social justice cohesion should be consolidated further
- Why the British commemorate Tipu Sultan
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment