Zee chief, son questioned again
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
- RSP quits LDF, to go alone in Lok Sabha elections
Late on Sunday night, Subhash Chandra told reporters that "questioning has ended as of now" and he would cooperate with the police if they called him again. He said he would file a defamation case against Naveen Jindal
ZEE Group chairman Subhash Chandra and his
son Puneet Goenka were questioned for the second day on Sunday in connection with the alleged Rs 100-crore extortion bid from Congress MP Naveen Jindal's company. While Puneet Goenka stayed at the Crime Branch office in Chanakyapuri for about 20 minutes, Chandra was reportedly confronted with his editors Sudhir Chaudhary and Sameer Ahluwalia for close to six hours.
Late on Sunday night, Chandra told reporters that "questioning has ended as of now" and he would cooperate with the police if they called him again. He said he will file a defamation case against Jindal. He said police asked him whether he knew about the deal and he answered in the negative.
Chandra also claimed that police did not ask him about any dummy agreement given by editors to Jindal company.
He said he got a text message from Naveen Jindal asking him whether he can meet Chandra, who was in the US at that time. "I told him that if it was urgent he can call me. He said there was nothing urgent and then when he said he wanted to meet, I said, let's meet in November first week," he said.
Asked whether he knew that his editors were doing a deal, he said, "I did not know. There is no Rs 100 crore deal. We haven't been saying anything. I came to know about the FIR only on October 7."
In a late night statement on Saturday, Zee Group said both Chandra and Puneet Goenka extended fullest cooperation to Delhi Police so that truth emerges.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today