Zee editors in 14-day custody
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
Two executives of Zee News, who were arrested on November 27 on charges of criminal conspiracy and extortion attempt against Jindal Steel and Power Ltd (JSPL), were on Friday sent to 14-day judicial custody by a city court after the Investigating Officer (IO) told the court that they were no longer required for custodial interrogation.
Metropolitan Magistrate Gaurav Rao sent Zee News head Sudhir Chaudhary and Zee Business editor Sameer Ahluwalia to Tihar jail till December 14 after the Crime Branch of the Delhi Police said their custodial interrogation was complete.
"I have gone through the earlier order passed by the duty metropolitan magistrate, the investigation is in process... therefore the two accused (Sudhir and Sameer) are remanded in judicial custody till December 14," the court said.
The accused have also filed a fresh bail plea before the court which could not be taken up for hearing on Friday since the public prosecutor for the case was unable to appear before court. The bail application will now be heard on Saturday.
"At this stage, the second bail application has been moved by the counsel of the accused and the IO has sought time to file reply on bail, therefore the argument on the application will be heard tomorrow," the court said.