Zee Network on a promotion spree
December 29 saw the grand premiere of Sridevi's comeback film English Vinglish on Zee Cinema. To garner maximum attention of the audience, the channel in keeping with the basic theme of the story of the protagonist coping with communicating in English, devised a novel marketing strategy by conducting English lessons at the door steps of viewers facing the same dilemma.
The channel had launched a special IVRS number, in association with Ditto Suno, the entertainment portal on Voice, where viewers could sign up for free modules of English speaking, from the comfort of their own homes. Interestingly, in less than seven days of the launch of this initiative, it received an overwhelming response of more than 25,000 calls from all across India.
A very confident Mohan Gopinath, Business Head, Zee Cinema & PAC said, "There are some films that set the cash registers ringing at the box-office and others that evoke critical acclaim. With an extremely simple yet heart-warming narrative, spot-on direction by Gauri Shinde and great production value by Balki, you have a winner on your hands. We were extremely confident that the world television premiere of English Vinglish would be received well by Zee Cinema viewers."
Meanwhile, the channel succeeded in its endeavour to promote their mythological show, Ramayan amongst the youth by blending tradition with technology. It launched a 90 second game, 'The Battle of Good vs Evil' at various malls in Mumbai.
Taking the three dimension concept ahead, the game featured 3D avatars of Ram and Ravan. The players who played Ram had to take aim at the10 heads of Ravan with arrows.
To make it even more engaging, players could choose from different arrows such as the Soorya Baan (sun arrow), Agni Baan (fire arrow) and the Naag Baan (snake arrow). Users were required to hit the heads of Ravan within a fixed time and limited chances. Timings of each player was recorded on a scoreboard and the player who managed to kill all the Ravan heads in the least number of attempts and within the shortest time-frame was declared the winner.
- In first visit after riots, Mulayam defends UP govt, rakes up Gujarat
- Army takes over disputed plot, Manvendra sees conspiracy
- Five seats in Assam, 1 in Tripura to vote in Phase 1
- BJP Modi video to woo Muslims
- Elections 204 begin today; TDP joins hands with BJP, both face protests
- Campuses abuzz with poll talk: Debates, banners & streetplays drive campaign
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death