Zinc futures prices weaken on subdued demand, global cues
- LIVE: Lok Sabha passes Telangana Bill, Jagan calls for bandh across Andhra Pradesh
- Your ministers used to throw dust, now they're using pepper spray to fool people: Modi to Cong
- Rajiv Gandhi's killers get relief, Supreme Court commutes death penalty to life
- Seven Naxals killed in police encounter in Gadchiroli
- Interim Budget 2014: Economy headache for next government
Tracking a weak trend in other base metals, zinc prices fell by 0.24 per cent to Rs 112.30 per kg in futures market today.
At the Multi Commodity Exchange, zinc for delivery in December traded lower by 30 paise, or 0.24 per cent, to Rs 112.30 per kg, with a business turnover of 21 lots.
The metal for delivery in January fell by a similar margin to trade at Rs 111.60 per kg in business volume of 659 lots.
Marketmen attributed the decline in zinc futures to weakness in copper and other metals and subdued domestic demand but a firming trend overseas, capped the fall in
- Few takers for UT scholarships, students claim not enough info
- Interim budget focuses on transport but misses out on Metro Rail for UT
- GPP to become history, will merge with BJP next week in Modi’s presence
- PMC to clean up city by today
- Corporators include projects worth Rs 500 crore in draft PMC budget
- Ukraine burns again, at least 9 killed