Zinc futures up on spot demand, global cues
- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7: All-round Jadeja steals show in CSK win
Amid a firm global trend and better domestic demand, zinc futures prices rose by 0.50 per cent to Rs 111.65 per kg today as speculators enlarged positions.
At the Multi Commodity Exchange, zinc for delivery in December edged up by 55 paise, or 0.50 per cent, to Rs 111.65 per kg, with a business turnover of 1,814 lots. Likewise, the metal for delivery in January traded higher by 55 paise to Rs 112.20 per kg, with a business turnover of 68 lots.
Marketmen said improved demand in the spot market amid a firming trend in base metals overseas after data showed Chinese manufacturing activity had picked up pace in November, mainly led to rise in zinc futures.