- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
Kolkata-based band Zoo, who recently released their album The Attic Session on a pendrive, is all set for their debut performance in the city
What happens when four musically inclined individuals find themselves lonely in a metropolitan city? In the case of these four musicians, they form a band and sing about urban woes. Tanya Sen, the 'desi Beyonce', Bodhisattwa Ghosh, the poetic lyricist-guitarist-keyboardist-programmer, Proshanto Mahato, the 'bass master' and Rohit Nandi, the killer drummer came together in mid 2010 in Kolkata to form Zoo, an alternative rock band that plays only original compositions. After releasing their debut album, 'The Attic Sessions', on a pen drive, the kolkata-based band is all set for their first performance out of their hometown–– they perform at High Spirits, Koregaon Park, on October 5.
"We are excited about venturing out of our comfort zone and catering to new audiences. We have been working hard to prepare for this gig. The hour and a half we spend on stage during our performance is all pre-planned and thoroughly practised. With the kind of electro-rock music that we play, there is no room for impromptu acts or any kind of instant improvisation on-stage," says Ghosh.