On location: Anil Kapoor, Shabana Azmi shoot for 24

Thu Aug 29 2013, 11:55 hrs
Bollywood actor-producer Anil Kapoor will soon make his small screen debut with a fictional drama series 24 based on the American series of the same name. Take a look at the making of the TV series. (IE Photo: Pradip Das)
Bollywood actor-producer Anil Kapoor will soon make his small screen debut with a fictional drama series 24 based on the American series of the same name. Take a look at the making of the TV series. (IE Photo: Pradip Das)
The show is written by Rensil D'Silva of Rang De Basanti fame and directed by Abhinay Deo of Delhi Belly fame. Abhinay Deo at work, as team 24 is all ears. (IE Photo: Pradip Das)
The show is written by Rensil D'Silva of Rang De Basanti fame and directed by Abhinay Deo of Delhi Belly fame.
Abhinay Deo at work, as team 24 is all ears. (IE Photo: Pradip Das)
24 produced by Anil Kapoor Films, will be supervised by Band Baaja Barat director Manish Sharma.The series also stars anchor and actress Mandira Bedi as a government agent and Tisca Chopra as Anil Kapoor's wife. (IE Photo: Pradip Das)
24 produced by Anil Kapoor Films, will be supervised by Band Baaja Barat director Manish Sharma.
The series also stars anchor and actress Mandira Bedi as a government agent and Tisca Chopra as Anil Kapoor's wife. (IE Photo: Pradip Das)
Anil Kapoor plays the lead role of ATU Chief Jai Singh Rathod, who is torn between duty towards his family and to his nation. He is the Indian Jack Bauer in the series that will narrate the 24 hours of his life in real time over 24 episodes.Anil Kapoor and Abhinay Deo in conversation. (IE Photo: Pradip Das)
Anil Kapoor plays the lead role of ATU Chief Jai Singh Rathod, who is torn between duty towards his family and to his nation. He is the Indian Jack Bauer in the series that will narrate the 24 hours of his life in real time over 24 episodes.
Anil Kapoor and Abhinay Deo in conversation. (IE Photo: Pradip Das)
Anil Kapoor said in an interview: "I have tried to do out of the box things which are risky, which have a possibility of failing miserably. But I enjoy it when people make fun of me... as it helps me work even harder." (IE Photo: Pradip Das)
Anil Kapoor said in an interview: "I have tried to do out of the box things which are risky, which have a possibility of failing miserably. But I enjoy it when people make fun of me... as it helps me work even harder." (IE Photo: Pradip Das)
Anil Kapoor successfully pulled in actress Shabana Azmi for a reccurring role in 24. "I play Anil's replacement in the anti-terrorist unit. After he goes missing I take charge of the unit. What makes it exciting is that it's a gender-free role," said Shabana Azmi. (IE Photo: Pradip Das)
Anil Kapoor successfully pulled in actress Shabana Azmi for a reccurring role in 24. "I play Anil's replacement in the anti-terrorist unit. After he goes missing I take charge of the unit. What makes it exciting is that it's a gender-free role," said Shabana Azmi. (IE Photo: Pradip Das)
Anil Kapoor also said: "Shabana is playing a very important role in 24. She replaces my character that is Jai Singh Rathore, when I am unable to carry out my duties." (IE Photo: Pradip Das)
Anil Kapoor also said: "Shabana is playing a very important role in 24. She replaces my character that is Jai Singh Rathore, when I am unable to carry out my duties." (IE Photo: Pradip Das)
Anil Kapoor, Shabana Azmi, and director Abhinay Deo are interested in what No One Killed Jessica actor Neil Bhopalam has to say. (IE Photo: Pradip Das)
Anil Kapoor, Shabana Azmi, and director Abhinay Deo are interested in what No One Killed Jessica actor Neil Bhopalam has to say. (IE Photo: Pradip Das)
Anil Kapoor gets ready for a shot. (IE Photo: Pradip Das)
Anil Kapoor gets ready for a shot. (IE Photo: Pradip Das)
Anil Kapoor said that when he was doing the US version of 24 he had made up my mind to bring this iconic show to India. I felt this show is relevant in our country today. We wrote an email and negotiated with the concerned officials. I am glad it happened," Anil Kapoor said. (IE Photo: Pradip Das)
Anil Kapoor said that when he was doing the US version of 24 he had made up my mind to bring this iconic show to India. I felt this show is relevant in our country today. We wrote an email and negotiated with the concerned officials. I am glad it happened," Anil Kapoor said. (IE Photo: Pradip Das)
For the Indian version of the show, Anil Kapoor said the challenge was to get the same kind of aesthetics, scale and performance. (IE Photo: Pradip Das)
For the Indian version of the show, Anil Kapoor said the challenge was to get the same kind of aesthetics, scale and performance. (IE Photo: Pradip Das)

Most Viewed